Taxes imposed on inheritances and estates have generally shrunk both at the federal and state levels in recent years, and there will be substantial additional relief for some taxpayers when the Ohio Estate Tax disappears from the books altogether on January 1, 2013.

 

Rules: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don’t attack other commenters personally and keep your language decent. If a comment violates our comments standards, click the “X” in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member.

One Response to “Inheritance tax shrinking”

  1. johnpdeever

    I object to the words “relief for some taxpayers.” Some = fewer than 8%! The other 92% of us will see our state and local governments cut services we all use. The estate tax was very good for Ohio. Shame on those who killed it: http://www.policymattersohio.org/why-the-estate-tax-is-good-for-ohio