An area of low pressure will move up the Ohio Valley later today and tonight. Snow associated with this storm will spread from west to east across the local area this afternoon and evening. periods of moderate to heavy snow are expected tonight. The snow should quickly end from northwest to southeast late tonight and Saturday morning.
The National Weather Service in Cleveland has issued a winter weather advisory which is in effect from 5 pm this afternoon to 9 am est Saturday.
* Accumulations…4 to 6 inches of snow. snowfall rates of an inch per hour are possible for a few hours tonight.
* Timing…the snow will spread across the area late this afternoon and evening. the snow will continue tonight and is expected to quickly end saturday morning.
* Winds…east 5 to 10 mph.
* Impacts…snow accumulation can make roads slick…requiring lower speeds and greater distances between vehicles while driving.
* Temperatures…in the lower 20s.
* Visibilities…at times less than one quarter mile…especially this evening and overnight.
A winter weather advisory is normally issued for a variety of winter weather conditions such as light snow, blowing snow, sleet, freezing rain and wind chills. wWhile the weather will be significant, the word advisory implies that severe winter weather is not anticipated. Stay tuned to noaa weather radio for further details or updates.