A mix of wintry weather will develop this evening and continue into the overnight
A low pressure area will move into the Ohio valley towards daybreak. Ahead of the low some precipitation will develop this
evening and temperatures will warm aloft. The precipitation should start as snow and will change or mix with freezing rain
and sleet. The precipitation will start decreasing by daybreak and temperatures will begin to warm above freezing.
Winter weather advisory in effect from 7 pm this evening to 6 am est Thursday
The National Weather Service in cleveland has issued a Winter Weather advisory for freezing rain and some sleet ..which is in effect from 7 pm this evening to 6 am est Thursday.
* Any ice accumulation will be under a tenth of an inch. snow and sleet accumulation will be an inch or less.
* The precipitation will develop rapidly this evening and then begin to decrease toward daybreak.
* Winds southeast under 10 mph.
* Snow and ice accumulation can make roads slick requiring lower speeds and greater distances between vehicles while driving.
* Temperatures in the lower 30s.
* Visibilities under 3 miles in snow but around 5 to 6 miles in freezing rain and sleet.
A winter weather advisory is normally issued for a variety of winter weather conditions such as light snow, blowing snow, sleet, freezing rain and wind chills. While the weather will be significant, the word advisory implies that severe winter weather is not anticipated. Stay tuned to NOAA weather radio for further details or updates.
Commentary by mountvernonnews.com readers