FREDERICKTOWN — The Fredericktown Community Fire District responded to a chimney fire at 12810 Fredericktown-Amity Road, Sunday morning. The A-frame wood home owned by James Parrish did not sustain any fire damage, according to Fredericktown Fire Chief Scott Mast.
Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots in the chimney and verify where the blockage was before removing it and cleaning the chimney. The fire was quickly contained using dry powder. Crews were on the scene for about an hour.
Sunday afternoon, Fredericktown firefighters were called to the Roy Yoder home at 18441 Cooke Road to contain another small chimney fire. The Yoder home was not damaged by the fire, which Mast said started in a blockage in a pipe which ran from the woodstove to the chimney.