FREDERICKTOWN — It was the wrong day not have his cell phone. Bruce Robinson was bush hogging on his farm on Quaker Road, northwest of Fredericktown, when his tractor caught fire on Tuesday around noon.
“When I saw the smoke I got out of the tractor,” Robinson said.
A neighbor, Chris Snell, saw the smoke and went out with a fire extinguisher to offer assistance and call for help.
Unfortunately, Snell’s help, along with that of two other passers-by, was not enough to put out the blaze.
The Fredericktown Community Fire Department was able to put out the fire that had started from an electrical short under the cab of the 30-year-old John Deere 4440.
Robinson said the tractor was heavily damaged and he was not sure what he will do.