HOWARD — Firefighters from the Eastern Knox County Joint Fire District responded to a house fire at 425 McIntosh Drive at 9:57 p.m. on Saturday.
Six units and 12 personnel were sent to the scene, the home of Casey and Tracy Beckett, with mutual aid being requested from College Township Fire Department.
The bulk of the damage was contained to the kitchen, said EKJFD Chief Larry Stimpert. The fire was reportedly caused by cooking oil on a stove. Damage was estimated at $40,000. The blaze was under control in about 15 minutes, and no injuries were reported.
The Becketts, and their two children, were assisted with food, clothing and shoes from the American Red Cross, Knox County Chapter, and are reported to be temporarily living with family members.