DANVILLE — The Eastern Knox County Joint Fire District responded to a fire at 25701 Neil Road, Danville, early Tuesday morning. According to EKCJFD Chief Larry Stimpert the call came in at 1:49 a.m.
The home is owned by Don Butts, who was at home with is wife at the time of the fire. They did get out of the house and were transported by Fredericktown EMS to Knox Community Hospital, where they were treated for smoke inhalation and released.
Stimpert said it is believed the fire was started by a candle. The investigation is ongoing. He said the house was fully involved when the EKCJFD arrived. The fire was contained at 3:50 a.m. and firefighters left the scene at 7:13 a.m.
Mutual aid was provided by Fredericktown Community Volunteer Fire Department and EMS, Loudonville, College Township, Worthington Township and Bladensburg fire departments.
Stimpert said the house was a total loss but could not put a dollar value on the loss.