MOUNT VERNON — The trial of Michael Collins of Frazeysburg for the shooting death of Lilly Dawn Pressley-Claggett, 35, of St. Louisville, continued Wednesday with the prosecution continuing to lay out the foundation of its case.
Wednesday began with the testimony of the surgeon who treated Jesse Collins, 30, of Frazeysburg, for the wound he received in the incident, then continued with the testimony of the first people on the scene who found the car driven by Pressley-Claggett off the side of the road and called 9-1-1.
The court also heard the testimony of the Ohio Highway Patrol pilot who took aerial photographs of the site the afternoon following the incident, and the Knox County Sheriff’s deputy who was the first law enforcement officer on the scene.
The prosecution then called Ohio Highway Patrol Trooper Elizabeth Petro to the stand. Petro headed the patrol’s investigation into the shooting.
She then went methodically through a sequence of about 60 photos showing evidence collected at the scene, photos of the car Pressley-Claggett and Jesse Collins occupied and photos of the GMC Jimmy owned by Michael Collins and believed to have been used in the incident.
For the rest of the storyThe rest of this article is available to Mount Vernon News subscribers. To continue reading, please log in or purchase a subscription. Click here for the July 19, 2012 e-edition. The article will only be available for thirty (30) days.
- Shooting leaves one dead, one injured July 4, 2011
- Frazeysburg man remains in critical condition after shootingJuly 5 2011
- Shooting shocks fire department July 7, 2011
- Collins remains in serious condition July 12, 2011
- Collins indicted for murder of Claggett August 4, 2011
- Collins Kramer gets community control December 10, 2011
- Collins' trial postponed February 7, 2012
- Murder trial starts with jury selection Tuesday July 16, 2012
- Murder trial tale of two stories July 18, 2012
- Prosecution lays foundation for case July 19, 2012
- Case continues to be built against Collins July 20, 2012
- Son, daughter testify against father July 21, 2012
- Jury deliberations continue July 23, 2012
- Jury renders verdict in Collins case July 23, 2012
- Collins found guilty of two minor charges July 24, 2012