MOUNT VERNON — The laundry room at the Curtis Inn has been cleared to reopen, Mount Vernon Fire Chief Chris Menapace reported.
Menapace said appliances have been rewired and replumbed, ventilation has been corrected and the room has been thoroughly cleaned and repainted. He also said a fire extinguisher and smoke detector have been added and holes in the wall have been eliminated.
“They did a good job and the room is cleared for use as of now,” Menapace said Monday morning.
He said progress has also been made on the restaurant, as electrical problems, the gas leak and hood systems have been fixed.
For the rest of the story
The rest of this article is available to Mount Vernon News subscribers. To continue reading, please log in or purchase a subscription. Click here for the November 27, 2012 e-edition. The article will only be available for thirty (30) days.
Contact Chuck MartinEmail
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.