Mount Vernon News
 
 
Mount Vernon News
November 29, 2012 11:03 am EST

 

FREDERICKTOWN — An overheated propane burner set a minor fire in the barn of a chicken raising operation early this morning. Fredericktown Fire Chief Scott Mast said the fire was on the Abe Miller farm at 7377 Bryant Road, west of Fredericktown, and started about 5:30 a.m.

Advertisement

LJJA Martial Arts

 

A son of the Miller family turned in the alarm, which was signaled by a temperature sensor.

Mast said the only damage was to the ceiling and insulation.

No animals were injured.


Rules: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don’t attack other commenters personally and keep your language decent. If a comment violates our comments standards, click the “X” in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.